NUMUN 2017 Champions Cup
The Champions Cup is a one of a kind MUN conference in which delegations (teams of delegates) are pitched against each other. Each Delegation consists of a maximum of 8 delegates and a minimum of 4 delegates. Every delegation is awarded points for their participation. Individual delegates cannot compete in this tournament, they will only be eligible for their individual council awards.
20 points awarded
Delegates competing in a delegation:
5 points per delegate (8 X 5 = 40 points for every delegation that competes). In the case that a delegation consists of delegations less than 8, for example 6, the delegation will be awarded 5 X 6 = 30 points.
*Do note that there will be cases where individual delegates will be assigned to delegations who request for it due to their incomplete team. These individual delegates will be assigned to teams on a first come first serve basis, in order to prevent any biasness.
Delegations will be appointed a country they will have to represent. The country will be appointed well before the start of the conference. The delegates will be expected to come prepared to set up a stall to represent their assigned country. The delegations will be marked out of 100 points. The number of points obtained will be converted to 15% of the Champions Cup.
*Participation is mandatory for all delegations in order to compete for the Champions Cup.
1 Food (This can be a traditional dish from the assigned country or candy limited to the country) (At Least a small plate for the judges to taste. There will be around approximately 12 judges so around 12 spoons)
2) Knowledge/ Information regarding the assigned country
3) Friendliness to the viewers
4) Cultural speciality (For example a dance, song) (The performance is to be not longer than 90 seconds)
5) Cleanliness (How well organised and clean are the decorations and the stall)
6) Decorations (How well is the stall decorated)
7) Costumes (Clothes of the respective country)
8) Criteria X (under the judge's discretion)
9) Criteria Y (under the judge's discretion)
10) Attendance (At least 4 delegates of the respective delegation must be present) (10 marks will be awarded for at least 4 delegates of a respective delegation being present)
2-3 delegates of a delegation are expected to be at their respective stalls at any given moment of the Global Village. The delegations must make sure that their stall is not over crowded by their own delegates. All delegations must have their own assigned country flag. The flag can even be a handmade flag on a chart paper, but the flag is mandatory.
There will be a set number of sports and this will be a Committee Vs Committee sports tournament. The chairs of each council will serve as your Captains and will be selecting the teams for each respective sport. A single delegate can only participate in 3 sports, however tug of war is an exception whereby, a delegate can compete in it even if they have already participated in 3 other sports.
All the points for each committee will be accumulated and then the committees will be ranked. All the delegates of a specific committee will awarded the points respective to the ranking in the final Committee standings, based on the points they have won in each sport. The points for each delegation will be compiled and converted to 15% of the Champions Cup.
· Table Tennis
· Tug of War
Points for a single delegate in a respective delegation:
Attendance + Points respective to the Committee ranking
The points of all 8 delegates in the delegation and the attendance points of all 8 delegates will be added, and then averaged out. The mark will then be converted to 15% of the Champions Cup.
For example, in the case that a delegation only has 6 members, the points of all 6 members will be averaged out, minus the attendance points for 2 members. This score will then be converted to 15% of the Champions Cup.
Councils that win gold, silver or bronze in each subsequent sport will receive points accordingly. Any rankings below these will only get participation points.
This is a team based competition whereby each team will be required to produce 3 minute impactful message about a topic that will be provided to the teams 2 weeks prior to the conference.
Youth Speak contributes to 10% of Champions Cup and the more powerful your message is, the more points your team will receive.
Rules and regulations:
· Video recordings for delegations will only be conducted as per allocated time slots.
· Delegations may have unlimited number of retakes within the time span of 10 minutes.
· Delegations have full freedom to decide how many members of their delegation will be in the video recording, e.g. you could have just one delegate in the recording or you could also have all eight delegates as well.
· Delegates may convey their messages through any medium of expression, e.g. speaking, singing, acting, rapping, etc.
· UN Youth Nottingham representatives reserves the right to take and use photographs, digital images and/or video recordings for use in public service announcements and/or news releases as follows: electronic publications, printed publications or materials, or web sites. Delegates agree that their name and identity may be revealed in descriptive text or commentary in connection with the image(s).
Points and judging criteria:
Creativity (10 points)Originality (10 points)Power of the message (10 points)
The sum of points will then be averaged and converted into 10% that will contribute towards winning the coveted Champions Cup.
Average mark of all delegates in a delegation + Attendance + Bonus points
Average mark of all delegates in a delegation: The marks of all the delegates in a single delegation will be totalled and then averaged out. For example, in the case a respective delegation only has 6 delegates in their delegation. They will be awarded the average marks achieved by the 6 delegates in that respective delegation. The marking sheets of all the councils will be uploaded on the website for the delegates to refer to after the conference.
Attendance: The attendance points will be added on based on the number of delegates in the delegation that participated in the conference, a delegation of 6 delegates will only get 60 points whereas a complete delegation with 8 delegates will get 80 points for full attendance.
Bonus points: A delegate in any given delegation will receive bonus points if they have placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in their respective councils. These are the 3 individual award winners of the council.
Following this the total of all three criterions will be added and then converted to 60% of the total Champions Cup.
The delegation with the most points will be awarded the Champions Cup.
A delegation consists of at least 4 delegates and a maximum of 8 delegates. Delegates registered as Individual delegates will be provided with the option to join a delegation lacking delegates or to join a delegation made up of individual delegates. Bear in mind attendance marks will be deducted for every delegation with less than 8 members.
They can compete for the best delegate a council but are not eligible to compete for the Champions Cup. They will be provided with the option to join a delegation once the registration comes to a close.